1. XML Overview
XML Stands for EXtensible Markup Language. The syntax rules of XML are simple and strict.
XML Design and Objectives:
- Designed to describe data.
- Does not have predefined tags, you must define your own.
- Uses Document Type Definition (DTD) or an XML Schema to describe data.
- Designed to describe data and focus on what that data is.
- Created to structure, store and send information.
- Allow the author to define his own tags and document structure.
- Cross-platform, software and hardware independent tool for transmitting information.